Senior Web Developer – PHP / WordPress
Motava is a digital marketing agency with a wide variety of clients, including home services, biosciences, high-tech industries and more.
We provide our clients with custom-built campaigns that involve: SEO, SEM/PPC management, content strategy & creation, social media management and web design/development.
We are looking for a full-time (or part time if that’s your preference) Senior Level Developer for a boutique digital marketing agency that works for a variety of clients.
You will join a team of digital marketers, SEOs, and other developers with locations in the USA and Europe.
Below is a list of responsibilities we need (primary) and responsibilities that would be helpful (secondary). You’ll be working on multiple projects at any given time so time management and being self-driven is a must.
The ideal candidate for this position is a senior-level web developer with a strong expertise in WordPress / PHP. Drupal experience is a plus. Prismic experience is also a plus.
Our office is in San Francisco, CA, but this position is available for fully-remote or partially remote. As of now, we are all working remotely due to COVID-19.
Also looking for Junior Developers:
- Senior = 3 – 5 + years experience
- Junior = < 3 years experience
- Develop new WordPress websites that are fast, look great, and are easy to use.
- Maintain & optimize existing WordPress websites
- Build new features & functionality into existing WordPress websites
- Implement technical SEO recommendations, like redirects, sitemaps, URL changes and more.
- Support sales staff to scope new development projects
- Custom plugin and module development
- Write clear and concise documentation
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, particularly applied to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
Desired Skills & Experience
- Required: Minimum 5 years of experience with PHP development
- Required: Minimum 3 years of experience with WordPress, HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Experience with Git, SQL, XML, JSON, REST APIs, jQuery, and Web Services (XML/JSON)
- Experience with responsive web design
- 10 years or more of experience desired
- Results oriented approach
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong grasp on communicating in English
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Creative eye for design & pixel perfection (front end dev; not necessarily needed)
- Technical SEO basics
- Implementation & configuration of various tools like Google Tag Manager
- Train, mentor, and support junior developers
Apply for Senior Developer