We are happy to announce the immediate availability of our Squid VMware appliance version 3.1.
This version of the Squid appliance does not contain webmin or DansGuardian. This is just a pure Squid Appliance.
Here are the details of what’s included:
- Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 base Server OS
- Squid 3.1 compiled from sources
Supports vmware server 1.x-2.x, ESX 3.x and 4.x, Workstation 5, 6 and 7, vmware player, vmware fusion
Squid 3.1 Details:
- Compiled with NTLM, LDAP, NCSA, SASL support
- Configured with 10GB Cache directory using aufs
- 30GB max Disk size
- Default 512MB RAM
- vmware tools installed
Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 Server Details:
- All updates as of Nov 18 2009
- Default Username: squid3
- Default Password: changeme
- SSH access is enabled
Visit our VMware page for details and download information. All of our vmware appliances are donation based as this helps us support continued VMware appliance development.