Motava Squid Reporting Appliance is a simple and feature rich Squid Reporting server all bundled into a vmware appliance to ease the deployment into your network.
- Rich web based application using PHP and YUI
- Reporting (exporting to pdf and csv)
- User Authentication
- Bar and Pie charts
Includes Squid Version 3.0 Stable19
NOTE: This does not include DansGuardian
- OS: Ubuntu 10.04 Server Version
- Squid 3.0 Stable 19
- Webmin Version 1.510
- Apache Version 2.2.14
- PHP Version 5.3.2
- OS Username: squid
- OS Password: motava
- Webmin Username: squid
- Webmin Password: motava
- Squid Reporter Username: admin
- Squid Reporter Password: admin
We have 2 different downloads available for purchase.
- .ovf version for ESX or ESXi installations
- vmdk version for vmware server 2.0 or vmware workstation 6.x +
- For ESX and ESXi, launch vSphere Client. From the menu, select File >> Deploy OVF Template. Choose Deploy from file and browse to the location where you extracted the archive, click next and verify the info. Click Next 2 more times, then finish to start the import process.
- For Vmware Workstation, Server or Player, extract the archive and from the menu select File >> Open and browse to the location where you extracted the archive and select the .vmx file.
- I imported the virtual machine into our inventory and started the squid appliance up, but I do not see an eth0 interface.This is common with vmware and the Ubuntu OS. To fix this, from the terminal, remove the following file:
#sudo rm -fr /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and reboot.
- Can I add more than 1 user to the Squid Reporting Interface?Currently you can only add 1 admin user.
- How old is the data on the Dashboard page?Data on the dashboard page is 24 hours
- How can I access Webmin?You can access Webmin by going to https://188.8.131.52:10000 (replace 184.108.40.206 with your real IP address). Login using username squid and password motava
- How can I contact you for support?Please send us an email through our contact form.