Junior SEO Analyst
This position is not currently available.
This junior SEO analyst position is available on a contract basis (with no specific end date) or full-time, salary-based position. Being local and able to work from our San Jose office is desired, and should be considered a requirement. However, we will consider all applicants and invest as required for top talent.
You’ll be responsible for assisting other team members with the planning and execution of campaign strategies (a very vague description so far, yes) for our clients. This position would be ideal for someone with prior SEO experience.
Below is a list of responsibilities we need (primary) and responsibilities that would be helpful (secondary). You’ll be working on multiple projects at any given time so time management and being self-driven is a must.
The ideal candidate for this position is a technical person with some SEO experience that would like to grow their expertise with us.
- Create digital strategy with other team members
- Assist with or create website audits
- Perform keyword research
- Perform competitive analyses
- Find new link building opportunities
- Develop new relationships for link building
- Technical SEO basics (some knowledge of, ability to research & test execution; not necessarily needed to execute technical SEO changes)
- Generate & analyze analytics / reporting data
- Critical comprehension and attention to detail – the first sentence of your application should tell us something fun about yourself – a hobby or interesting fact.
- Interact with clients through email, phone, in-person meetings (not necessarily needed)
- Test usability & bug testing of website
- Manage direction of new website development (not necessarily needed)
- Update websites through content management systems
- Have a critical and design-oriented eye that is capable of critiquing and improving iterations of creative work (design, content, usability, etc.) (not necessarily needed)
Some tools we use
- Google Drive (sheets primarily)
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- WordPress & WooCommerce
- Other: Hootsuite, Clicky
Experience with the following a plus
- AdWords / PPC Management
- Social Ads: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp, etc.
- Client relationship / account management
- Microsoft Publisher
- HTML / WordPress and/or other coding languages and platforms
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 6 months of experience in SEO
- 1 year or more of experience in SEO Desired
- Beginner to intermediate level proficiency with Google Analytics
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- English fluency required
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree desired