Senior SEO Manager
This position is available on a contract basis (with no specific end date) or full-time, salary-based position. Being local and able to work from our San Francisco office is desired, but is not a requirement. However, we will consider all applicants and invest as required for top talent.
You’ll be responsible for planning and executing campaign strategies (a very vague description so far, yes) for our clients. This position would be ideal for someone with extensive prior SEO experience.
Below is a list of responsibilities we need (primary) and responsibilities that would be helpful (secondary). You’ll be working on multiple projects at any given time so time management and being self-driven is a must.
The ideal candidate for this position is a technical person with extensive SEO experience and proven results.
You will be tested on this during the interview process!
- Create digital strategy with other team members
- Assist with or create website audits
- Perform keyword research
- Perform competitive analyses
- Find new link building opportunities
- Develop new relationships for link building
- Technical SEO basics (intimate knowledge of, ability to research & test execution; not necessarily needed to execute technical SEO changes)
- Generate & analyze analytics / reporting data
- Critical comprehension and attention to detail – the first sentence of your application should tell us something fun about yourself – a hobby or interesting fact.
- Interact with clients through email, phone, in-person meetings (not necessarily needed)
- Content strategy & copywriting (stronger ability to direct and manage copywriting direction than to do the actual writing)
- Test usability & bug testing of website
- Manage direction of new website development (not necessarily needed)
- Update websites through content management systems
- Have a critical and design-oriented eye that is capable of critiquing and improving iterations of creative work (design, content, usability, etc.)
- More stuff that you will probably know how to do if you’re familiar with all or most of the above.
Some tools we use
- Google Drive (sheets primarily)
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- WordPress & WooCommerce
- Other: Hootsuite, Clicky
Experience with the following a plus
- Client relationship / account management
- HTML / WordPress and/or other coding languages and platforms
Desired Skills & Experience
- Required Minimum 3 years of experience in SEO
- 5 years or more of experience in SEO Desired
- Expert level proficiency with Google Analytics
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Beginner to expert level proficiency with other tools such as Screaming Frog, Moz, ahrefs, Google Search Console, BuzzStream
- Results oriented approach
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- English fluency required
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Apply for Senior SEO Manager